Re: Sonicnet review of PNC

>Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 08:17:34 -0400
>From: "Brian Cady" <cadyb@home.com>
>
>Available online at:
>http://www.sonicnet.com/news/archive/story.jhtml?id=1121720&pid=910070
>
>Contributing Editor Frank Tortorici reports:
>HOLMDEL, N.J. - "You Better You Bet," from
>Face Dances, the Who's first LP without Moon. It ended with the singer
>tripping
>over the outstretched hands of a front-row fan. After Daltrey picked himself
>off
>the stage floor, Townshend mock-whipped the fan with an amp cord.

I wish Contributing Editor Frank Tortorici would get his facts straight.
Or maybe he was just too far away to see what was going on.  Roger tripped
over a monitor when he took a step backward, landed on his ass on the
monitor, then went on over to land on his back with both legs up over the
monitor (quite a comfortable position, actually).  It was scary, but once
everyone knew he was OK he and Pete made a joke out of lecturing the
monitor to never do that again, and it was the monitor Pete pretended to
whip with the end of his guitar lead (which was about 12 inches too short
to reach it).

>Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2000 18:04:09 -0400
>From: magik <magik1@optonline.net>
>Subject: Re: Some more PNC thoughts
>
>Although Pete's moment of insanity was ignored by the video crew, when he said
>"I'm sorry to you fans in the back but let's shut of the video for one
>song (as
>the lights was bothering him)." They shut off the offending light, but as
>far as
>I noticed, the video feed continued.

Yes, it did continue.  And from the brief glance I took at the screens, the
images didn't look that bad, either.  A bit darker, but certainly visible.

Alan
"That's unbelieveable, if that's true."
   --Howard Stern, 5/25/00