From the Wall of Sound

In Stores: February 15

   The Who: The BBC Sessions (MCA)

This double-disc set is composed of 25 previously unreleased live tracks culled from the Who's appearances on various BBC shows from 1965-1973. Though you may never have heard of such shows as Top Gear, The Old Grey Whistle Test, Saturday Club, or The David Lee Travis Show, you've undoubtedly heard "My Generation," "I'm Free," and "Pictures of Lily," all of which are included. The bulk of the material, however, is lesser-known Who fare that has been making the bootleg circuit for years. The collection was produced by Jon Astley, with cooperation from Who members Roger Daltrey, John Entwistle, and Pete Townshend. The release date is set to coincide with the 30th anniversary of the release of the group's famed Live at Leeds concert album.