Re: MSG '79 boot

In article <200001151533.KAA25735@ns6.icdc.com>,
    "joseph stralo" <jstralo@icdc.com>  writes:

> I have a question for the list (really for anyone who has a copy of the
> boot): it sounds like it was recorded a tad fast.  Does anyone else notice
> this, or am I imagining things?  My copy has the Time magazine artwork as
> the cover.

On this most recent listening I wondered that too.  I never thought
that before and I had listened to this boot quite a bit :).  Of course
on a turntable you can adjust the speed down to compensate and there
are CD players that can do this as well -- mine does.  The boot I have
of the Woodstock show is 7% too fast.  (I determined by comparing the
version of Sparks on the boot to the one on the TKAA soundtrack.)
I'm not a musician so I wouldn't know how to determine how much the
MSG boot should be slowed down to make it more accurate.  How does
anyone else figure that stuff out without a trusted reference like
what I did for woodstock?  It seems having boots recorded at weird
speeds relative to "real time" is commonplace.

> Feedback, questions, comments?  I would love to hear them.

I like the idea of working out some sort of trade.  If we trade as MP3
files, then there would be less generational loss, don't you think?  I
don't know how practical it is yet though.  I don't have any mp3
authoring tools.
--
<http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/>	Legalize Adulthood!
    ``Ain't it funny that they all fire the pistol,