KIDS? ALRIGHT! ...and MCA sucking

>On the other hand, if there is a contract still in force between MCA
>and The Who, it really makes me wonder -- just what the hell do The Who
>get out of this contract?  Clearly MCA routinely fumbles the ball in
>promoting the band.  If it weren't for this mailing list I wouldn't
>have heard about any of the remasters, the Isle of Wight disc or the
>BBC disc or the concerts or etc. etc. etc.

   EXACTLY!!!!
   MCA "promotes" by putting stuff out and nothing more.
   And this mailing list is essential for finding out about new releases. i
went for a few months without internet service (i don't recommend it) and
walked into a record store one day to find "Isle of Wight". i promptly
fainted. When i awoke i was told it had been out for a month. What's
particularly surprising is that even though i regularly flip through Spin,
Rolling Stone and other "music" magazine crap (out of habit), i had seen NO
ads, NO reviews, NO press releases, not even a blurb.
   Mark hit it right on the head with his rant. Screw MCA. Maybe they
figure that with the internet, they don't have to advertise. The fans will
know. GUESS WHAT? We don't always pay attention closely enough. i do hope
someone will e-mail me when and if TED release a new album, because
otherwise i may faint again.

>>I heard that the Japanese Polydor release of the Kids soundtrack is
>faithful to the original in its entirety -- including the missing
>material that wasn't issued on the US/UK CD release.  It wasn't
>remixed or remastered for CD, so it will suffer from being mixed for
>vinyl, but at least you can finally get this material on CD.
>(Roadrunner / Join Together / My Generation Blues from Pontiac, MI
>'75.)

  Is this TRUE? i'm going to hunt this thing down, because i LOVE side
three of TKAA and MUST HAVE IT. Is there a boot with this full show
available anywhere?

   peace&anarchy, jeffree

Here's a toughie (name the song):
   "They need an iron man, they want a man of rock" --PT
  (answer tomorrow...)