Grammy crackers and other tidbits

> Grammies: yes, cool to see Carlos win. Those interested in his better
work
> should check out "Lotus", a double live album from the mid-seventies

Jeffree:

Lotus is a wonderful album; recorded in Japan in 1973 and released in 1975.
THAT is Grammy material, not Supernatural.

> were a yawn. Does anyone like Rosie O'Donnell

I can't say I like her, but it's always interesting to imagine how many
jelly beans would fit into her head (Howard Stern reference).

> Nobody? What about Brian Wilson?

Jim:

No, not Wilson. Wilson was better. Check out the stereo Pet Sounds if you
need proof.

> Brian wanted very much to outdo Phil, but I don't think he succeeded

Kevin O:

(spectral voice) And it drove him...MAD...

> "The Girl From Impanema" that's what.

Brian:

But what would it be like to ride an elevator without this song? Shop in a
supermarket? THAT'S what one must ask oneself.

BTW, now that the pain medicine is a foggy memory I wanted to comment on
our discussion about Time Is Passing. I said I thought Pete should have
done "There's something in the whisper of the trees" and you said No, you
liked the way Daltrey sings "I'll be free!" The thing is, that's another
part of the song. I'm talking about Pete singing only this:

"There's something in the whisper of the trees/Millions hear it still they
can't believe/There are riddles of us splashing in the waves/As an empire
of dead men leave their graves."

That's all. I do like Pete's read better then Rog's, in this section of the
song.

> The one I've always been looking for is one I read about that supposedly
> came out around 1970 and was a muzak album that had "My Generation" on
it.
> The album was called something like "The Controversial Sounds of ...."

I don't know about that, but I have The Assembled Multitude doing the
Overture from 1970. Only Who song on the album, though. It's fairly
standard.

> #101 - U.S.

Typical. We're such Neanderthals.

> # 24 - U.K.