Grammys and other trivia, Orchestras, Wall Of Sound

>Am I right in thinking that The Who have never won a grammy ?

Derick,

This is only one reason why I have no respect for the Grammys. Others
include  Milli Vanilli won for Best New Group and Jethro Tull won the first
Best Heavy Metal Artist in 1989. (BTW, this was the answer to a $1,000,000
question on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, and I KNEW IT. At least that's
harder than "What president did a cameo on Laugh-In?") Even Hillary Clinton
has a Grammy. I understand that the Grammys were created as reaction
against Rock music in the first place.

>What did you think of the Symphonic Who album "Who's Serious" which has a
>version of Baba O'Riley . Are these new Lifehouse orchestrations superior to
>this cd?

> The arranger is Pete's new girlfriend (I forget the name) and I must say
> (at risk of looking like I'm sucking up to Pete) that I think it's a
> great job of orchestrating Pete's music.  She manages to capture the
> piece's mood instead of just using a straight transcription which
> usually sounds just horrible (see: the LSO Tommy).  Also love the
> faux-Beethovenish ending.

Andrew and Brian,

I like the Lifehouse CD #4 version of Baba O'Riley, too. This is what I
expected from Who's Serious but didn't get. I noticed that the LH version
doesn't have an instrument playing the vocal melody, whereas the Who's
Serious version does. I wonder if that's part of what makes it work better.

>Sometime listen to "Be My Baby". *That* is the wall of sound, and
>nobody could do it like Phil.

Kevin,

Nobody? What about Brian Wilson?

Jim