Re: Best Buy Online BBC--Not Shipped Yet

-----Original Message-----
From: Emily Jackson <emilyj@hiwaay.net>
Date: Friday, February 18, 2000 3:55 PM
Subject: Re: Best Buy Online BBC--Not Shipped Yet

>FedEx brought my CD this afternoon--with no bonus disc. I had been
>told that this might happen by a person from Best Buy who telephoned
>me a couple of days ago after my repeated e-mails to the company. He
>told me that if I received the CD with the bonus disc missing, I
>should e-mail him and he would make sure I got the missing disc.
>Oddly, the order status page still shows my order as "in process",
>which it is in a way--after all, it hasn't been completely filled yet.

Well, apparently Best Buy had intended to offer the bonus disc in their stores only, & not
on line, even though their web site had a full page promoting the bonus disc (!), & are
only shipping the bonus disc to those who have e-mailed them requesting it.

As I posted earlier, I received an answer from them that was kind of ambiguous, but seemed
to say that at first they had intended to ship me just the one disc (for 17.99!), but
would now adjust my price to $12.58 & include the bonus disc since I had requested it. So
folks, don't assume you will get the bonus disc online, unless they have gotten so many
complaints that they begin including it w/all orders (unlikely).

BTW, my order status is still listed as "Open" (not shipped yet), so apparently they are
out of stock, & they have not adjusted my price yet, either.

Janine
Janine@ncci.net