Going "Mobile Fidelity"

Hey guys:

   Haven't seen this posted or mentioned here, although i miss digests
every now and then, so i apologize if this is old news, but i got a mailing
the other day from Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs/ Music Direct. i ordered the
gold disc "Quadrophenia" years back and have gotten junk mail from them
ever since.

   The mailer reads:"On Nov. 23 Mobile Fidelity filed for chapter 7
bankruptcy, ending a 22 year run as the premier audiophile remastering
label in the world. This is a permanent and complete closing with no
reorganization."

   They go on to say they are clearing their inventory, and this: "Pricing
in this catalog is subject to change without notice... we cannot replace
imperfect or damaged CDsCds are priced according to rarity. Some of the
latest releases, such as The Who titles, are very rare due to a limited
number being released before Mo Fi folded."

 Hmmmm. i (and i'm probably alone in this) was not overly impressed with
their work, "Quad" didn't sound any different to me than my original MCA
copy (not the remaster).
  That being said, i imagine some of you are interested, so here's what i
found browsing the catalog:

MoFi Gold Ultradiscs:
The WHO - Who Are You $39.99
The WHO - Who's Next $44.99 (with note:pressed only in limited numbers
The WHO - Live At Leeds $39.99

MoFi JVC Vinyl:
The Who - Face Dances $40.00 (yeah, i laughed too.)

Those are the only Who i see listed. They also list a bunch of other stuff,
like Russian discs and out of print DCCs by artists like Miles Davis and
CCR. Yeah, you can get a DCC of CCR. Tee hee.

   Anyway, if any of you are interested here's the website (haven't been
there, but it's listed on the cover of the mailer):
Music Direct www.amusicdirect.com

If that doesn't work the phone number is 800-449-8333 or 312-433-0200
international.

  i must say again, because i hate advertising for these people, that i was
NOT impressed by the gold disc of "QUAD" i bought, but i bought it because
it's my favorite record and i wanted the best. The best isn't that much
better in my opinion. So anyway, if you're a audiophile geek, maybe you
will be interested.
   i'm more interested in why they went under. i have seen their recordings
around forever but don't know anyone who owns one. How did they stay in
business to begin with? Anyone have a line on this company?

   peace&anrchy, jeffree