RE: Calling all Kevins

Question for Kevin of NY and Kevin of VT:  What do you guys think of the
performances on the Pete MP3s?  (Particularly Pete's and Zak's)  How do they
stack up against their Who predecessors? (in Pete's case the old Pete :-))

Other Kevins and non-Kevins should feel free to respond.

Jeff

hey jeff-

Thanks again for the cd's. You should have your video any day.

As far as Pete's playing I dig it. You  can definitely feel Pete and Zak
working off of each other. I think this is something that was missing during
the Kenny Jones era. He was more of a straight time keeper and at certain
times expressive ( I'm not trying to start the KJ debate again ). Pete's
playing a lot faster than he had done in previous years. He's ripping all
over the neck. He also is a bit more distorted and I mean that in a good
way. He's using a new distortion pedal . For all you guitar players it's the
Boss OD-1.along with the overdrive of the amp. Sounds Great. 5:15 , ICE ,
Relay are a few of my favorites. Especially 5:15 after the JE solo. Total
Power.

But I have to admit, I really liked his playing around 81-82. Loved the
guitar sound and his playing. But I'm still a sucker for the 1975 sound.
HUGE !