Re: Irvine review from the Orange County Weekly

>But my dad doesn't get it....rock & roll is about defiance, about
>skipping school, smokin' in the boy's room....

Big band jazz was like that in the twenties.  Have a look at the Boomer's
parents--those flappers with their short dresses and cigarettes and the guys
with their illegal whiskey.  Talk about rebellion!  And the younger ones
were Crooner fans--Sinatra and the Rat Pack.  It's not the music, but the
fact that kids liked it that you're dad's looking at.

(Except I think The Who's music IS about definace.)

>And not just the old stuff....a lot of the stuff my kids listen to, also
>(my daughter is determined to make me a Rage Against the Machine fan...)

Music is always about taste.  Rage Against the Machine is likely to speak to
some folks regardless of age.  Nobody likes change a whole lot, though.
We're all likely to be more comfortable with what we know, and it's
sometimes hard to understand other points of view.

keets

P.S.  You're really got me going with those words out of Pete's new TKAA
verse, Jill.  It's really stuck with me, and I hope he continues the
thought.  Thanks for remembering them.