Artist Direct Tickets Contest -- Front Row? Not hardly.

First of all, I ditto all the accolades regarding the highlights of the
Hollywood Bowl show.   John's mind-numbing bass solo.   Hearing RELAY and
KIDS ARE ALRIGHT and a couple other gems.  It was by far the best
Who-experience of my life.    Much of this had to do with my proximity to the
stage -- 7th row.

Now, for my bitching.   For months I've seen the Artist Direct "Win Front Row
Tickets" contest on the www.thewholive.com website.   Of course, I entered
the contest.   And I asked several friends to enter as well, with the
condition that I get at least one of the tickets.  Two weeks ago, a friend
got the call.  She won the "front row" tickets.   All they told her was they
are indeed front row.

She was required to pick them up no sooner than the night of the show, after
6:00 p.m.   At 6:05 p.m., there were no tickets.  Using my cell phone, we
called the Artist Direct corporate office.   After lots of confusion, we
found our tickets on the band VIP list.   But guess what?   They were 7th
row!   We were told the 1st row Artist Direct tickets were given for the
charity auction.   Huh?   This makes no sense.   It was a lame excuse.

Despite my urging, my friend would not allow me to protest beyond what I did.
   I was seconds away from making a scene.  Now I regret not doing so.   For
2 1/2 hours, I didn't dwell on the fact I was a few feet farther from the
band than I should have been.  But later that night, I couldn't stop thinking
about it.   It's just not right.   I should have been on the front row!

According to info on the website, a pair of "front row" tickets will be given
away in every city.   Please beware.   Don't assume "front row" means "front
row."