Re: QUAD movie

Re "I didn't quite get that feeling when I saw a scooter falling into the
depths of the ocean.  Roll credits."

Jill, The one time I saw this movie - I felt the same way.  The greatness
of the album was really blown by making the plot front and center.  The
beauty of Quad (for me) is the idea that the central conflict is going on
in Jimmy's head.  Putting the conflict up on the screen in the form of
street fights, arguments and that damnable scooter chase scene at the end
was a buzz killer.  The album did not have an explicit plot resolution
because the resolution was in Jimmy's head.  The realization that he
really just needed love (in some form) could not be translated to the
screen.

Perhaps he could have come across a burning bush on The Rock?

Jeff