Re: 2000 light years from exciting

Pete on Keith Richard(s) acoustic playing (from Sept. 2000 Guitar Player):

Q: Which players most influenced your acoustic style?

Pete: Bert Jansch was a big influence, as was Gordon Giltrap -- although I
was a great influence on him, too.  Whenever Keith Richards picked up an
acoustic, I loved what he did -- especially on the early Stones stuff.  But
it was the Spanish music and jazz I listened to when I was young that was
the greatest influence.  My picking technique actually comes from banjo.

        -Brian in Atlanta
         The Who This Month!
        http://members.home.net/cadyb/who.htm