the way Pete's mind works

>I do seem to recall hearing that this jam was quite a bit longer and
was cut for this bonus track, so there may have been parts of it that
weren't quite up to what we hear, but it's a very good song and an
excellent performance.

>Somebody mentioned that the completed song on the album isn't
especially good.  I have a girlfriend who likes it, but I personally
think the album cut was over-worked and over-intellectualized.  They
should bring back this version.

Here's part of the O&S discussion, and the song in question is the "How Can
You Do It Alone" jam on FACE DANCES.  Since I mentioned I love the way
Pete's mind works, here's a demonstration.  He apparently constructed this
song right on the spot, and he's nailed something basic in the brain's
wiring.  When he went back and thought about it, he lost touch with that
element.

Quad discussion to come.  ;)

keets