Pete's Rhythm Playing

Shawn,

I have to disagree with you here, and I have to agree with you that as far
as "swinging" rhythm playing keith richards is superior but in that area
only.  (Plus I've never thought of much of the Who's music as having much
swing to it...since keith and john always prefered to play things really
straight)

There are several things about pete's rhythm playing that makes him the best
in this area.  One of the things that drew me to the who was listening to
his incredible acoustic rhythm work.  He has the ability to strum faster and
cleaner than any other guitarist I have heard.  I've always been
particularly amazed by of triplets in his playing.

For examples of this, listen to his playing on:

The Tommy version of "Sparks"
Who's Next "Goin' Mobile"
Any version of "Drowned" from 96-97
Any song off of Secret Policeman's Ball
The transition from "Overture" to "It's a Boy" in Tommy is a complete lesson
in rhythm guitar playing...one that I've been failing to learn for years.

There is a ton of others, I'm sure.

Nick in UT, who only drinks Guinness with a raw egg in it...No not really...