re-Quad v Lifehouse are they really painted clowns

Nice philosophy Kevin. The 'trilogy' of Rock operas that never was. Tommy, Lifehouse and Quad. Now let's simply look at the three breifly. Though LH has not
actually been designated a 'rock opera' (officially anyway).it was originally intended
to be one, the follow up to Tommy. We know what happened next, then along
comes Quadrophenia. Which of the three has had the most success and why ?

Obviously Tommy, and that's what I'm getting at. The fact that The Who just went
out and played Tommy Live,night after night is ALL people really need! And the point you make about playing the songs back to back (without any interruption
a la Quadro phenia 1973) is most important. As Brian correctly points out in
His introduction on thr new site ,Quadrophenia.net, the audience,the fans really
did not want to be lectured etc... My point is.... If The Who get on with the job
just as I have described,surely this will be better for all. It worked for Tommy so
why not for Quad or Lifehouse ? Chronicles is just a collection,that's true,but I
would love to hear  em' play it Live without the chat . This is the way it should be.
The question, will LH work live etc...can easily be answered. Yes  ! If you simply
play it! It's all the rest of it the theories,the jargon,the parts the rest of The Who
could'nt understand is why it failed. All of that may be good for a movie or a Film,
and Pete did say that there was to be a film of LH,Universal pictures had promised
Him the money,but not for The Who ,whose reputation and what they do best is
play LIVE!  Understand ?  Hope I have not lost you ? If The Who could have played
Live,continuous rock'n roll like Tommy, Lifehouse would have and still could work.

Some say that the current tour is a sort of 'secret Lifehouse tour', the songs from
LH represented do sort of give you a perception of such,and it's nice to see them playing
more LH songs than they have for a long time. I'm still hoping and waiting for some
of the 'Surprises' that pete promised at the start of the tour,maybe LH or more of
it may feature in these! Let's hope so !
Regards,
Derick.