Re: performers & artists

>Hmmm, perhaps I should give O&S another chance ;>)

Nah, you wouldna liked it.

>A performer creates art with an audience present.  Performance is a form of
>art.

Is all performance real art, though?  I gather the guy on O&S was making a
distinction regarding creativity.  For example, are musicians who play in an
its-a-job, workmanlike manner to be considered artists?  Do they need flair?
  Fire and passion?  Do they need to have written the lyrics so they believe
in them?

keets