The evil record empire

>advertisers. All off the hard work of the un-paid artists. Why is
everyone's
>well placed anger towards evil record companies turning into wildly
>mis-placed justification for stealing from artists?

Shawn:

That's my question exactly. And not one person has been able to answer it so
far.

>another matter . If Tommy had been copied and distributed back then like
>it could be now , Pete would have been crying , IMOHO

Rommel:

You're damned right he would have! Has anyone else noticed that the only
pro-Napster Rock stars are those who have made it and are now several years
past their prime? It's easy to give away something you can no longer have.

>He apparently said too much about it while it was in work--maybe one reason
>he's saying they shouldn't talk about songs they're working on now.  The
>TOMMY idea was bootlegged, if not the songs.

Keets:

Copied or not, Arthur (by The Kinks) is still a great album. IMHO, The Wall
is more of a Tommy copy than any other album.

"This is a major step towards becoming the President of the United States."
                                       George W. Bush (boy genius) upon
accepting the nomination and letting the "rest of us" in on the significance

"He will restore decency and integrity to the Oval Office."
        Dick Cheney speaking of cokehead, alcoholic, draftdodger, and
adulterer George W. Bush

                       Cheers                                     ML