From: "Scott Schrade" <schrade@akrobiz.com>
To: "THE WHO" <TheWho@igtc.com>
Subject: Re: Tired WHO Songs
Date: (No, or invalid, date.)

 > >They really should retire "Behind Blue Eyes."
 >
 > Scott:
 >
 > I agree, but not for the same reason. It's just been done far too many
 > times, and I'd say the same about Baba and WGFA

Mark,

Yes, BBE has never been one of my favorites.  It has been done over &
over & over......IMO, the best thing about the song is Moonie's drums on
the studio version (the way he swirls around the beat, holds tension, re-
leases tension, etc.  Just wonderful).  But yes, get rid of it.  No more !
And you're right, get rid of BABA & WGFA (yeah, right), too !

And enough of "Drowned," also.  I know some of you may object, but there's
plenty 'a sweet pickin's from QUAD that are getting the shaft.  "I'm One"
would be nice to hear as a five-piece.  They could play that, skip BBE &
no one would be the wiser !

 > yet another version of Pinball Wizard etc.

Get rid of it !

 > And while I'm the only person
 > left on Earth that hasn't gotten Blues To The Bush (it seems) yet

I haven't even ordered it yet.  I'm waiting for the dust to settle.

 > But since we're talking about the vocals, imagine Rog doing Please Please
 > Please now. I think it would probably be great. Leaving Here. And so as
not
 > to dwell on the oldest stuff, Daily Records and Slip Kid would be nice to
 > hear live.

Yes, with Roger's "weathered" sounding vocals these days, those songs might
come off pretty damn well.

 > I don't know about that. What about LAL? I have plenty of boots where
both
 > singers are strong. They might miss a lyric or three, but the voices
sound
 > fine.

You're right.  My statement was too broad. (insert "broad" joke here)

- SCHRADE in Akron