Fwd: Hearing voices

You have to give The Who credit ...Pete right now needs the music loud to
drown out the humming in his ears...as for Roger and John ..I'm not surprised
they are losing their hearing....Roger having speakers and amplifires on top
of him plus a heavy drummer in his ears all these years  same with
John...Roger losing his voice now and then I think it's because hes over
doing it with his voice he's not resting it...between doing The British Rock
Symphony .then that true story about Dracula
then planning to tour....I give him alot of credit.....as Roger put it hes
hyper he has to keep going....I just hope he don't wear down....he's still in
good shape..doesn't look his age...anyway all i can say I don't care how they
sing ...HEY IT'S THE WHO...
=())  .....and i can't wait to see a group who give their all at every
concert....they are the best.......
patricia.......

-- BEGIN included message

>Yeah, The WHO's singing seems to be the weakest part of their live  > show
>these days.

>Yes, I'd have to agree.  Roger's voice is a little too rough now to do
>anything other than flat-out rockers.  He really did in "Pure and Easy"
>live.  Oddly enough, The Who back in the mid-60's probably did the best
>live harmonies of any band out there.  Of course, they could hear each
>other then.

There's been some mention of overdubs on BttB.  I notice that John is more
on-key in the studio than in live performance.  He's never had a really good
ear for pitch, of course, but lately it does seem to be worse--on "My Wife"
at the SBE show, for example, he's way off.  I'd guess his voice has changed
a little too, but if he's having a problem because of deafness, that's a
little harder to work with.  Is he generally that flat these days, or was
that just the flu?  Does he need headphones to sing on stage?

keets