Re: Why Did I fall for That?

While I agree that we are buying the "same old song," I am still excited
about this album.  The Who haven't put out a decent live album since
"Leeds."  I am not counting the TKAA soundtrack, since that was technically
a soundtrack and not a live album.  None of their releases since "Leeds"
have come close to capturing the power of The Who onstage.  "Who's Last"
gave us a good, rockin' version of "Magic Bus," but the rest of it is merely
"ho-hum" in my book.  "Join Together" gave us...well...a live "Who on ice"
release and a good "Eminence Front" with horns, but...well, do I have to
bash this release any more than it has already been bashed?

Hopefully, this new release will give us what we really want-raw, powerful
stripped-down, live, ass-kickin' WHO!!  I ordered the whole damn thing
today.

Is anyone else excited about getting "Pure and Easy" and "After the Fire?"
Until this release, the only live version of "Pure" that I owned was on the
"Such a Night" bootleg.  Quite a painful listen, although it was probably a
good recording by 1971 standards.  Finally getting a Who version of "After
the Fire" after 15 years is also exciting.  I loved that song on "Raging
Moon," and "Deep End," but my hopes are high for a Who version done right.
I laugh everytime I listen to my FM tape of Daltrey's 85 mini-tour.  He
tried to turn that song into a sing-a-long...and failed miserably.

And regarding the tour-The Who is one of the only bands that I would
liquidate all of my savings for!  LONG LIVE ROCK, LONG LIVE THE WHO!!
See you this summer!

-Joe