Re: News Conference

> > John mumbled once, you mean?  ;)  I though he did fine.
>
>One thing to remember is that John is probably relying on lip-reading. I
>remember him pointedly leaning forward to see Roger's lips when Roger was
>saying something at one point.

Good point.  John did seem to be following things perfectly well, though.
Everybody laughed at his comment about TOMMY (the movie).

>The questioners were using microphones (which doesn't help if you lip
>read) and were sitting down in a crowd.  Even Roger mentioned he had a hard
>time seeing the questioners in the audience at one point.

Roger was out to lunch. ;)  It WAS very dark in the back though, and they
were on a lit stage, so likely they did have a hard time seeing anything.
I'd suspect they like to know who they're talking to, as Pete apparently
recognized Ira Robbins (and knew exactly who he was).

>I noticed Roger was being very hedgy when discussing the songs he's
>written.  He was saying he thought he had three songs that "might" be
>right for The Who; I got the impression he didn't want to build up
>expectations on something that might not happen.

He's been doing that all along.  They may yet decide the whole idea of a
studio album is rubbish.

>Pete mentioned that during the past eight years he's written something like
>450 "pieces of music" as he put it.

850 wasn't it?  You'd figure most of them could easily be developed into
songs.  Plus they mentioned that a song might happen on stage at any time.
I don't think they lack for material.

keets