Re: It's Hard recording time

> Something did go on, though, because didn't Roger (privately) say it was
> junk and try to stop it from coming out?

According to Roger in 1994 (admittedly when he was in a very anti-Townshend
state) said that after the recording he begged Pete to let them scrap the
whole album and start over calling the songs sub-standard but Pete refused
saying, according to Rog, "that's the way we are now."  Just to balance that
before anyone says, "ah, hah!", Roger said in the same interview that Pete's
songs for "Face Dances" were some of his best.

        -Brian in Atlanta
         The Who This Month!
        http://members.home.net/cadyb/who.htm