Re: It's Hard recording time

> Given that It's Hard came out closer to the previous
> Who album than any of their studio LPs dating back to
> Tommy, does anyone know roughly how much time they
> spent in the studio compared to WBN, WAY, and FD?  In
> other words, did The Who typically record more takes
> per song for those other albums?

Well, it was certainly more time than they spent on the My Generation LP!
Pete didn't speak about it but from what he has said I think he wanted "It's
Hard" to have a rough, slap-the-tracks down sound.  He might have been
trying for more of a "punk rock" feel (which, even as a fan of the album,
it's apparent he didn't get).  Of course, detractors of the album might say
that Pete didn't care, but that seems to be completely negated by the many
interviews he gave about that album.  Apparently he was quite excited by the
album before it came out and thought it was going to be some of The Who's
best work.  I really don't get even the slightest inkling that Pete thought
this was a record he was just chucking out so he could be rid of The Who.

        -Brian in Atlanta
         The Who This Month!
        http://members.home.net/cadyb/who.htm