Pete on CNN Showbiz Today

There was a reporter's story on Pete today on CNN Showbiz.  It showed Pete
performing at the Chicago House of Blues and had an interview with him.  The
show has another run tonight (Wednesday) as 3:00-3:30am EDT (Midnight-12:30am
PDT).

Here's some quotes from Chairman Pete:

(In reference to his drunken 1993 performance) "I just said that I felt like
going back and playing in Chicago and doing something for a
local charity so that I could feel better about what had actually happened."

(On the connection between Tommy and children's charity) "Tommy which sold 30
million albums in this country is about sexual abuse of children, uh not
primarily , but it's in there.  I remember sitting down next to somebody in the
St. James Theater and as Uncle Ernie started to approach the little boy you know
she just started to shake and then in the end she broke down  and cried
obviously this was somebody that something happened to her as a child."

(On how he can now play electric without hurting his ears) "I use a smaller
amplifier now it makes the same kind of sound but it doesn't have to blow my
head off in order for me to get off."

(On what The Who will do at their new shows) "What we'll be able to do is not so
much reinvent The Who but revisit The Who and look at what The Who is today."

		-Brian in Atlanta