Downloads & DVDs

> Anyway you slice it though I think Pete's gonna come out on top.

Brian:

At least with us, huh?

I'd say you make a good point.

> "Riding the Storm Out".  I'm not necessarily proud I know this...:-)

Alan:

It would be hard to have been alive in the late 70's and not know it.

> Bowie.  This isn't completely giving up and going the
> free-album-with-a-tee-shirt route, and still it generates good will.

Keets:

But I can tell you from experience, the experience of selling CDs at
roughly $10 less than the Malls, that a significant number are going to
download for free and never buy. I think the DVD release of music is the
future, because they cannot be copied or downloaded (at least not yet). And
we may yet see some sort of law proposed about giving away intellectual
property.

> >	Well, now it's Vermont's turn.  We've got 50-60mph winds and
> >	6-12" of rain so far.  This summers drought seems like a very
> >distant memory.

Kevin:

Don't feel bad. The "experts" said the only way our drought could be fixed
was by a tropical storm, and now that we've had two such storms in a month,
these "experts" are saying that the ground is too hard to absorb the water.
Hey, make up my mind!

> There are links up now at Shanon Dell's Whonews under Sept. 15.  It looks

> like interviews and some performance footage.

Keets:

I'm not extremely excited about interviews, but would LOVE to see some
concert footage. Maybe we'll FINALLY get some live 1971/72 live material.

Speaking of DVDs, I got Yellow Submarine yesterday and for any Beatles
fans...you MUST have this! They remixed the songs into 6 channels, and it's
unbelievable. I hope they did the same for Tommy! And then there's the
"new" footage containing Hey Bulldog; interesting but not great. Again, any
Beatles fan will love it.