Re: RE- The Who's Drummer/Pete's Writing /E-mail from Pete

Ok, I agree with you that Zak has a sound that is closer to Moon than
Phillips did.  However, in Quad, Zak was playing the obvious beats and fills
that an everyday listener can identify.  Zak was not playing all of the in
between beats and fills that Moonie played!  Why, because he can't!!!!!   At
least Simon Phillips didn't try to copy Moon!! Why, because he can't.  My
point is, Simon is one of the best drummers ever!! I can't understand how
you all rather hear Zak over Simon.  There is no competition.

For all of you doubters please do me a favor.  I will give you a list of
songs from Simon to listen to.  Revisit these songs and listen carefully.

Overture- Join together live album.  '89
Amazing Journey- Join Together 89
Extra Extra- 89
Fire- Iron Man
Won't Get Fooled Again- 89
Give Blood- White City
Please refresh your brain with Simon.  He is no Moon, and never tried to
be.  But he is one of the best drummers ever.  That is why more than 40
famous musicians used him.
The Who
Jeff Beck
Townshend
Daltrey
Toto- I don't know why he agreed
Judiest Priest
Mick Jagger
Robert Plant

There are way more, but I can't remember.