New BBC Date & Some new CD news & reviews (Including Pete)

Hello Fellow WHO Heads,
     It's been awhile since I've said hello. I hope everyone's doing OK!
I just saw on www.icemagazine.com that the BBC CD will be out on Nov. 9! How
true this latest date is, I don't know, but it's something!
     I've picked up a few new releases this past month and thought I'd share
my thoughts with you.
     STING - "Brand New Day" This could be considered an "Adult Contemporary"
album. It's pretty mellow but quite good. Better than "Mercury Falling" IMO
     YES - "The Ladder"  Now this is a good album! The classic YES sound with
some '90's technology thrown in. The lineup this time around is Anderson,
Squire, Howe, White, and newer members Billy Sherwood (rhythm guitar) and
Igor Khoroshev (keyboards)
     LIVE - "The Distance To Here"  The boys from Pennsy have put out another
solid effort! It has the same feeling as "Secret Samadi" with a little extra
kick!
     PETE TOWNSHEND - "Live"  Pete can do no wrong in my book! I like the new
spin he's put on old favorites AAA and WGFA. The only complaint (minimal) is
that there are only 2 songs on disc 2. I would have been nice if he had
filled up the CD with some Scoops!
     QUEENSRYCHE - "Q2K"  With a new label (Atlantic) and guitarist Kelly
Gray replacing principal songwriter and guitarist Chris Degarmo, one of the
first "Seattle" bands returns with a stellar album! Every song better than
the next! By far the best new release of the year (so far)!
     For those of you that are interested, here are some future release for
the next few weeks, again from www.icemagazine.com (no, I don't work for
them. just giving credit where credit ids due)
     The CLASH (LIVE) 10/19
     GENESIS "The Hits" (w/ new version of "The Carpet Crawlers" sung by
Gabriel & Collins!!) 10/19
     British Rock Symphony (Roger sings on 2 songs I believe) 10/19
     Joe Strummer (I can't remember the title) 11/2
     The WHO "BBC Sessions" (we'll see...) 11/9

    Well, that'll do it for the time being,
      Bye for now,
           Keith