Re: Keith Moon

But just imagine the quality of his life would have been if he knew how to be one thing: Satisfied.

One wishes they could go through a time portal and give him a good slap and a does of reality and common sense. But he will forever be just another example of human excesses and the damage it does. Keith tried too hard to be all things to all people and forgot himself in the process. He had incredible talent and wit and he just let it all slip away. It is very sad indeed.

Dave

>>> Brian Cady <cadyb@home.com> 10/07/99 02:42PM >>>
> Tom Connor wrote:
> If only someone could truly have helped
> him! I always think that perhaps people should, and could, have made more of
> an effort.

I feel, especially after reading Moon, that Keith was the perfect example of how
you can't help a person who doesn't want to be helped.  Keith knew well he was
going downhill but he didn't want to sacrifice the life he'd lived and that was
the only thing that was going to save him.  You can see throughout the book that
whenever anyone gets around Keith that tries to stop him from killing himself,
he just pushes them away an gets new people around him who will encourage his
madness.  No one's to blame for Keith's death except Keith himself, IMHO.

		-Brian in Atlanta