Grass, EMail overload, Van Zeppelin, UToo?

> 71...why would they leave this song out and do Love Ain't For
Keeping...which
> was the absolute worst one?

Well, it would seems "someone" has never been laying on his or her back on
newly-mown grass.

> checked, there were 400+ E's for me to read!  Is there a way for this
list

Kevin:

BOY, does THAT sound familiar! The reason I left the O&S list was 100+
EMails a day...I never got to the Townshend one (busy time of year) but it
seems I needn't bother.

> If Pete is looking for a commission, Jesus, just tune into this list.

Oh God, is Jesus on this list?

> You bring up a very valid point.  This is a question that has been
burning
> on my mind.  I feel that Pete is definately looking for something more in

> his fans than praise and requests for tours, unreleased material, etc.

Nick:

I think you're 100% correct. It seems to me Pete is looking to his legacy
here. He's proven himself saleswise etc. He was always looking for new for
new ground to plow (not so easy anymore). IMHO Pete needs to feel he has a
reason to write beyond pleasing fans or making money.

> deteriorating.  Matt posted recently that Pete wasn't very happy about
what
> was going on with the site.

Why would he be? I imagine he would like to think his fans are at least a
bit intelligent. Hmmm, perhaps I should go on the PT list after all...

> Would Van Halen in their hayday, more than recent, be considered?

Dr. J:

I'd say No to that. They are more like Zeppelin, which should definitely be
considered as influenced by The Who.

> against the forehead with  a gun, I'd say the Kinks would be my choice.

I hope that it never is an issue, because The Kinks were around first, and
Davies definitely not influenced by Townshend (as a writer), although they
have similarities.

> to the WHO which is ridiculous to even try but anyway - I say its U2
also.

Gloria:

The first time I saw U2, the Gloria video by coincidence, the very first
thought *I* had was: The Who. Then again, I guess some would argue that's
too common an occurrence to count...

       Cheers                  ML

If you own a CD player, you need to check out our website:

http://www.generations.theshoppe.com/