what artist or band do you think

> Im not sure if you are talking about new bands, or bands that lasted longer then the Who's
> tenure. But my answer from the top of my head is the Kinks. Their mix of pop, with the
> 'edge' of punk on some of their late seventies albums made me feel that they compare in
> some way, in fact I'd be interested to hear what Ray Davies would say about that.

Would Van Halen in their hayday, more than recent, be considered?

This probably doesn't make sense exactly for this topic, but I always felt that some bands
were very blue collar, where as they actually represented the common man on stage not only
in sound, but in dress. Van Halen, Foreigner (back then when they were putting out hit
albums), well, even Def Leppard (don't laugh, I think they're one of the better hair bands
that at least put some effort into it)  always appealed to me as blue collar, much like the
Who have.  Jeans and t shirt on stage. You're basic rock.

However, I think the Whos sound is unique so much to themselves that I really have a
difficult time choosing a group that even sounded like anything they do, but if pressed
against the forehead with  a gun, I'd say the Kinks would be my choice.

Oh, and last thing......when i started liking the Who, I always though that the Tubes may
have a Who influence. 'Shes A Beauty' sounds like Roger and the Who. Anyone ever think that?

--
Be Kind, Be Real, or get out of my face-P.Townshend