Re: Pete's Website; "Giddy"

>Also, for you Daltrey fans out there:  Can anyone tell me anything
>about"Giddy", the song Paul McCartney wrote for Rog on the ONE OF THE BOYS
>album?  I was leafing through a Beatles discography the other day and ran
>across that entry, which I had completely forgotten.  I know nothing about
>the song; is it a ballad?  pop song?  rocker?  or what?  Lyrics would be
>nice, if you don't mind.  Chords might be interesting, too,

The lyrics aren't on the notes, but this is what it sounds like to me:

My baby left me for another guy
She calls him giddy but she don't know why
But if I catch them at it
Someone's going to pay.

Making me feel so bad so long
The feeling only just went away
But I don't feel sick
I don't feel so bad anymore
I've got over it
I don't feel so bad anymore.

Rode all night 'til I finally hit the daybreak
Rode all night 'til I finally hit the day hey
Rode all night 'til I finally hit the daybreak
Oh when the sun comes up
Whoo I'm going to catch giddy up.

The whole thing repeats with backup as follows:

My baby left me for another guy (left me for another guy)
She calls me giddy but she don't know why (she don't know why)

Sounds like it's in D and shifts up to E on the "Rode all night..." I'm not
that great at tabs, so somebody else ought to try those.  It also sounds pop
to me, and it's notable for the pitch on the "Rode all night...".  Rog is
getting up into Robert Plant range with the high E.

keets