Re: Before I Get Old

>bloke.  I mean, the Who without Keith Moon?  Who do they think we are,
f***ing
>mad?  There’s no truth in that at all.  But I will admit to saying that we
might
>have to get another drummer in to finish this record.

Brian:

I wonder if this is what Roger would have said if Keith hadn't died, but
just gotten harder and harder to handle due to his drinking. In hindsight,
it's easy to do a little "course correction" to keep history friendly.

>are a few mistakes and the like therein. My major objection of
>and about this book is that Marsh is a blood sucking hypocrite

Derick:

You and I rarely disagree, but I think from the beginning of the book Marsh
establishes he's a fan and it's from a fan's point of view. He was fortunate
enough to get it published; I'd also given thought to writing such a book
and if I did, you know it wouldn't be too kind to Rog and his symphonic tour
(for instance) or the band's second album (the REAL "sell out" if you ask
me)...and so on, but the point is that a book that's all positive about the
band cannot be taken seriously. The Who's career was as full of bad as good,
and they screwed up a lot. They need to be called on it, I think.
If we consider anyone who isn't completely positive about the band unworthy
of reading, we'll NEVER again get the truth.

                                  Cheers
ML

Truly bad lyrics:

"You're too shy shy /Hush hush eye to eye..."
                                                           Kajagoogoo