TED's softy; Acceptance; the Bolton horrors; Nose-blowing; Is it Pop?

> There's a possibility of Woodstock, too.  I dunno.  Do you suppose they
> might do a "soft" opening?

Keets:

I would imagine it would be very much like Hyde Park followed by 6 nights
at MSG, or something very much like it. Something worth packing up the
stuff for, and then if it works they can add dates...isn't that pretty much
what happened for the QUAD tour? They SAID the MSG shows were IT. Next
thing you know, they were on a short US tour, then an extended Europe tour,
then back to the US the following summer for an extensive tour.

> Financing something yourself does give you complete control, but it's
> considered risky business for a big tour.

No reason why it has to be "big." It could be handled a few dates at a time
or something.

> (Lucas is doing it because he's
> got a sure thing and he doesn't want to share the profits.)

Of course. Whadda prince.

> Right now it still is, and the record companies are trying hard to
maintain
> their monoply.  They've been undermined by technology, through, so
they'll
> have to do some fancy footwork to keep their advantage.

And they ARE trying, too. Ready to put an entire industry of music stores
out of business.

> I would normally have agreed with you before I read "Horse's Neck".
> Pete is still pursuing
> a feeling of acceptance and belonging that he will never fully receive.

Joe:

I suppose...I guess one has to be in that situation to understand why
intelligence wouldn't overcome it, though. I mean, PT has been called a
genius for some 30 years now...that would be enough for most people!

> Nah, it's worse than that.  I think Mark's right:  manic-depressive.

Keets:

They are not mutally exclusive. He could be P/A in his depressive state.

Hey, what a party THAT would be, huh?

> way too Bryan Adams/Michael Boltanish.

Brian:

Michael BOLTON???  AIIIIIEEEEE!

> I always though Mick said  Blow my doors not nose???????

Jason:

Definitely "She blew my nose and then she blew my mind." I always thought
it was a cocaine reference.

> The Beach Boys did the same, for years. It's a Pop Music quality

Jim:

Right, but the BB started doing it when it was "hip/cool/phat/whatever." So
if they continue, it's fine. "Their sound."

> and
> doesn't work as well here mainly because whoever wrote/arranged "Days Of
> Light" (RD & Gerard McMahon, I guess) do not have the songwriting/vocal
> arranging talents of Brian Wilson or the voices of The Beach Boys to work
> with.

Definitely, but also because RD is a Rock singer (maybe THE Rock singer)
and not a Pop singer, so it just couldn't work as well for him. That's what
I don't like about all of the stuff I don't like by him; it's the Pop
stuff.

> Out-of-Date? Is the "ba-ba-ba" part in "Face Dances, Part 2" or the
> "bow-bow-bow" part in "Early Morning Dreams" out-of date?

PT's voice is more compatable for Pop. As for EMD, that's EXACTLY like the
Beach Men (let's face it). I always assumed it was a bow to Brian Wilson.

>  Does the
> "'Doo-doo-doo' crap" ruin "You Can't Call it Love" (RITH also)? I think
not.

Somehow that's not as annoying on that one, but it's still not one of my
favorite songs.

                       Cheers                                 ML

It's so easy to raid the Heavy Metal section of my store for stupid lyrics:

"Prisoner of the Venom Master/Guilty for what you've been charged..."

              Testament