Re: Tour #'s

At 5:53 -0700 5/11/1999, The Who Mailing List Digest wrote:
>Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 15:05:46 EDT
>From: WHOOLIGAN@aol.com
>
>I don't know about you but I saw TED do Quad 11 times in 96/97. I know
>several other people who saw them many more times than that. I wonder how
>this skews the numbers. How many people were seeing multiple shows in '82 and
>before. Alan?

<snort>Huh? What?<yawns, scratches>  I didn't start seeing multiple shows
until 1989. Saw 18 then; saw 17 '96 Quads and 9 '97 Quads.  However,
(although I have
no numbers to back this up) my feeling is that the group of people seeing
multiple shows isn't statistically significant in the aggregate ticket
sales.  I'd be happy to see real figures on this but I suspect it'd be
impossible to gather reliable data.

Alan
Be sure to read _McKendree: A Burning Novel of Murder and Revenge_
by Douglas Hirt, ISBN 0-8439-4184-7  (available at www.amazon.com)