ponder this

I haven't had the time to do much Who Digest reading in a few weeks (and
thus haven't even had time to follow up on the replies to my Dougie Sandom
idea), so I'm sorry if the following duplicates any recent message:

My sister went to one of the final concerts ever by a large band called Poi
Dog Pondering.  Toward the end each band member got to perform pretty much
whatever song they wanted, and two of the guys started a guitar line that my
sister quickly recognized as "Goin' Mobile."  Apparently lots of the other
people in the crowd also recognized it because it was greeted with a very
loud cheer.  Chicago's WXRT-FM was allowed to broadcast it (live or the next
night, I'm not sure) so if you're in Chicagoland, you might want to keep an
eye or ear out for a rebroadcast.

On a different note, while channel surfing last night I caught the VH-1
segment in which Lynn Goldsmith (I think that's her name) describes how she
tried to photograph a (surprisingly) crabby Roger Daltrey for a Rolling
Stone cover around the time Who Are You was released.  I think her photo of
Roger submerged in the ocean up to his nose ended up on the cover of a book
she published maybe five years ago (though I've never seen it in a
bookstore).

Rich