Re: A Rock Elitest, SRV, Holly, Lifehouse

>> Elitist.

>When it comes to Rock music, guilty as charged. With no shame.

I'll hop back on for a second here.  What you're calling "rock" is
actually progressive rock, I think, a subset of the messy whole that
includes dance music, punk, heavy metal, bubble-gum pop and Marilyn
Manson.  All these things aren't going to diappear because you edit them
out of your definition.

>> According to an interview recently posted, songs from "Who Are You"
>> should be included
>
>Oh, let's hope not! It would be SO MUCH better if it uses only the
original songs! It was bad enough to add horns to The Who in 1989, and
don't even get me started about the damned drum machine...but this would
definitely bring the work down to a lessor level.

Let's hope so.  TED will be awfully bored if they have to go on living
in 1970.

BTW, after our recent discussion of WAY, someone pointed out that this
album may have provided some of the roots of the techno movement.
Depeche Mode, the first techno band to hit big, were getting their start
in England about the time WAY came out.

keets