Re: Hollywood Walk Of Fame

At 10:32 AM 06/24/99 -0500, Rich Bogovich wrote:
>I heard that among the various new honorees who'll receive a star on the
>Hollywood Walk Of Fame are Kiss and Aerosmith.  Blech.  Does anyone know if
>The Who have already been honored?  I mean, as offbeat as the "Tommy" movie
>is, it's far better than the one Kiss made years ago.  Plus, every
>intelligent movie critic knows that the "Quadrophenia" movie is an
>underrated classic.
>
>And other than "acting" in videos, why is Hollywood honoring
>Aerosmith--because actress Liv Tyler's dad is the lead singer?

The Who have not been so "honored."  From my understanding of the process
there are several things that have to occur-one of which that honoree has
to gurantee he/she/they will be there for the unveiling.  I believe that
the other hurdles (if you wish to call it that) were cleared a number of
years back and The Who were slated to get a star but Pete would not agree
to attend.

Other criteria include being nomonated and accepted and the appropriate fee
being paid.

The Walk of Fame has a music category.  I don't remember all the categories
but I know that Movies, TV and Music are 3.  I think directing/production
is another and probably writing as well.  That's one of the ways
individuals end up with several stars.  You can tell which category a
particular one is for by the little brass icon in the star.

Kathy

If you like Roger Daltrey visit my web site:
http://woof.simplenet.com/Roger/index.html