Thinking; How many Best Ofs am I holding up; Daring to

> Yes, I thought he was mainly talking about the subject matter of the song
> with just a suggestion of naughtiness due to the actual words used. So I
> think at that moment he felt close to the audience, and was admitting to
us
> that it isn't as hard as he suggested in the song. But since the people,
> the audience, demands that it IS a hard life, a hard road, Rock musicians
> must pretend it is (or that they're in pain, or have suffered). And since
> we KNOW PT has enough integrity to demand (to himself) that he believe in
> what he's doing..."What's hard is making it feel hard."

Mark:

You know, I think sometimes you think about this stuff too much...

> course."  "Meaty Beaty" was one of the albums I had in mind.  Isn't it
> still the only place one can get the studio version of "Substitute?"

Bill:

It's on MG - THE BEST OF also. Which has the ONLY remixed version of WGFA,
too (which makes it essential). The one on WN wasn't (as you can tell from
the static on the final scream).

> stuff, which is why I was willing to shell out over $50 for it.  Then in
> the following years they began reissuing the individual albums and many
of
> the bonus tracks were things already on the Box Set, so that now there
are
> not many tracks left on it that aren't available elsewhere.

Yeah, this pissed me off too. Especially since there ARE still tracks left
unreleased which could have been on either the box or the reissues. THAT
makes it a crime.

> "Cry if You Want."  Pete says "From the Magic Kingdom to the herpes
> master class."  Does anyone have an idea what he's talking about?

(Dare I? Yes, I think I do...)

Well, it seems to me he was talking about going from the 60's trippy
magical time when we thought we could do anything we could imagine,
including levitate the Pentagon (yes, they tried to do this in 1968), to
the harsh reality of the 80's (and baby, that reality was HARSH!). Or as I
used to say: Real life sets in...

BTW, Rob was the only one with more Who ads? And I was enjoying them so
much, too! Don't stop now!