re-Bowie covers

I think He said they were two of His all time favourite songs from
the period He liked best.Also there is video somewhere of Pete
playing lead guitar on Yvonne Elliman's version of 'I Can't Explain'.
I know because I saw it. He was windmilling  all through it. I can't
remember the exact name of the show, it may have been 'Top of the pops' or
something similar but it was on British Television,sometime
during the 70's. It may possibly have been a very minor hit as I do
recall it getting some airplay at the time and also Ms Elliman was a
bit of a celebrity at the time too.
Regards, Derick.