Bowie covers

Derick wrote:

> However, speaking of Who covers,seriously now, I
>always kind of liked the two by Bowie on his album Pinups. They were
>"I Can't Explain and 'Anyway Anyhow Anywhere ". A little weird but
>it worked for me.

Those ones aren't bad, though they aren't among my favorite covers (but at
least they're not awful, like far too many are!).  James Last's "Join
Together" might be the alltime worst and is worth tracking down for that
reason.   : D

In the "pleasant surprises" category I'd include Shawn Cassidy's "So Sad
About Us" (which undoubtedly benefitted from Todd Rundgren's involvement)
and Yvonne Elliman's "I Can't Explain" (she had some help from Pete
Townshend himself), which was recently sampled by Fat Boy Slim in his "Goin'
Out Of My Head" (should've been "Mind," Slim!).

Rich