Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V6 #26

At 16:20 -0800 1/27/1999, The Who Mailing List Digest wrote:
>Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 14:59:47 -0800 (PST)
>From: Jon McCormack <pearljam_04079@yahoo.com>
>Subject: Solo Albums
>
>I'm only 16 years old so I'm a new who fan compared to you guy's!!!

Hi Jon, & welcome (same to all other young fans).

>I was just woundering...I know Pete has his records but How are
>Dalterys, Johns, and Moons solo albums??? Any one I should definitly
>get???

You'll get a wide range of answers from various fans of various solo
careers.  I'd recommend:

Roger's Under a Raging Moon, although there are only about 3 songs on it I
really like.

John's _Anthology_, which is a best-of manufactured in Europe (pointers to
dealers are on his Web site http://www.eden.com/theox) is a good place to
start.  Don't be fooled by the American best-of called "Thunderfingers"
which has a slightly different track listing and inferior sound (John
himself prefers "Anthology").  From there you can work backwards to pick up
the individual solo albums, all of which are worth buying.

Keith:  As a fan, ya gotta have "Two Sides of the Moon", Keith's only solo
album and one which was pretty much realized to be a "vanity project" at
the time.  Be warned, Keith's voice was never The Who's best feature, and
there's only one song I listen to on this album for pleasure, which is his
version of "The Kids Are Alright".  Don't be panicked into paying $50 for
this, with a little patience you can get it for $15-$20 at used-record
stores or record shows.

Alan
Be sure to read _McKendree: A Burning Novel of Murder and Revenge_
by Douglas Hirt, ISBN 0-8439-4184-7  (available at www.amazon.com)