Re: A review of the KM Biography

Pete said in one interview that he's tried to think of what they could
have done.  Hire a doctor to follow Keith around?  Well, (he said) that
didn't work for Elvis.  It was the doctor who wrote him all those drug
prescriptions.  And of course it was a prescription drug that Keith died
from.

Roger might have had the right idea early on.  Just beat the shit out of
him.

keets

>Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 07:51:13 -0500
>From: Brian Cady <cadyb@home.com>
>To: TheWho@igtc.com
>Subject: Re: A review of the KM Biography
>
>One of the most telling bits in the bio is when Graham Chapman takes
Keith to
>his psychiatrist to get him help.  After the session the psychiatrist
tells
>Graham two things:  that Keith doesn't want to be helped and he'll be
dead in
>six months to two years.  Keith was dead in five months.
>
>I really don't know what The Who could have done to help Keith because
Keith
>DIDN'T WANT HELP.  He would have had to have been committed to a mental
hospital
>against his wishes and how long would that have lasted?
>
>Keith's activities at the time were only an extreme version of what
just about
>what all rockers who went on tour did.  Keith  just took to a higher
level
>(boozing, pilling, destruction) what everyone around him was doing.
And he so
>often seemed so cheerful.  I really don't want to judge The Who about
Keith.  If