WhoBirds

Sorry for the derogatory "birds" reference ladies, but since this is a
Who post, "birds" fits like a glove.

I think it's great to see women getting into the Who.  Honestly, in my
past experience, the ratio of men to women Who fans has been something
like, 10-1.  But apparently, that's changing and that's great.  I've met
more women that hated our Shepard's Bush heroes than those that
liked/loved them.  They all seem to think of it as noise, but they all
agreed that Daltrey was a stud.  Who says women aren't superficial!

I don't know what to attribute to women getting into the Who these days,
but I like it.  Personally, and I might be crossing into dangerous
territory, I think women have taken on more male-like roles in the last
10 years or so, and it's reflected in their like for the prototypical
male band, The Who.  Just as long as the women don't start standing up
when they pee, I'm all in favor.

Personally again, I've never had a girlfriend that even remotely liked
The Who.  I had one that really liked solo Pete, but she hated The Who.
One of my biggest mistakes was taking this particular bird to the Quad
show in Chicago on Halloween.  She simply couldn't understand why I was
enjoying myself so much; why I wasn't paying more attention to her.
Yeah, right...  that's why I dropped a couple of hundred bucks - so I
could stare at her and ignore The Who doing Quadrophenia. Needless to
say, I'm single again!

Again, I just want to thank the Who ladies (GlowGirls,Anne, Carolyn,
et.al.) for giving me hope for my romantic future.

Jim in Chicago

"I had no reason to be over-optimistic.  But somehow when you smile I
can brave bad weather."  PT