Alienated

Anne wrote:

> I've met a lot of women who like them (or atl east will admit to it) and
> I've been able to convert a lot more women than men. =) Has anyone else
> noticed this, or am I just a total aberration here?

Perhaps this has something to do with the gender of the "pollster."  Femalestend to have more female friends; males have male friends.  So a female (especially
one who likes the Who) is likely to run into more women who appreciate The
Who, and vice versa for a male Who fan.  In my (male) experience, I find that
most women don't even know what The Who were about, if they've even
heard the music.  And part of that may just be my (under 30-yr.-old)
experience.

> >Overrated bands:
>
> I have a problem with calling bands/artists over or underrated, but I can't
> articulate why quite well enough yet, so I won't get into that now... I'm
> getting there though, but in the meantime, just a couple comments...

That's a good point.  I keep thinking, "Just because I don't get off on itdoesn't mean it's not great for someone else."  Yet I still have opinions on
the subject!

> >-REM, excepting two great tunes "End of The World" or whatever its called, and
> >"Radio Free Europe", the rest of their radio hits are mindnumbing IMO.
> >"Orange Crush"?  Ugh!  Maybe some gems are hidden on the albums.  I'll never
> >care to know.
>
> Is it really fair to judge them just by their radio hits?

Just want to point out that the original post-er granted that he hadn't delvedinto the albums; but didn't feel a need to based on his opinion of the singles.
And at 10 to 20 bucks an album, who can blame 'im?

> OK. enough babbling for my first ever post on this ml... How many people
> did I alienate right off the bat? =)

Although I'm certainly not the welcome party, I'm glad to have heard from you.And if you've alienated someone for speaking your mind that's their problem.  I
hope we all can have differing opinions without getting nasty with each other
(which, by the way, some posts lately contain what I think are personal shots...
I hope it doesn't get so bad that this mailing list gets shut down, like some others
I've seen!!!).

Long Live Rock!

Howard P.