Pete on a not-so-Magic Bus

Happy Friday kids...

Yesterday, going home from work, I was very nearly cut off the road by a
large city bus.  As I reacted to avoid the accident that should've
happened, I looked towards the bus to make my move away from it.  And
who do you think was staring at me through my passenger window, but the
great Peter Dennis Blanford Townshend himself.  Well, not literally
anyway.  The billboard's picture on the bus was of a circa 1998 Pete.
He was encased in shadow and had a pissed off look on his face that was
circa 1971.  The sign read:  Bloke; Wizard; Composer; Destroyer.  I
wanted to steal that bus and hang it in my living room; what a cool
billboard.

Just when you think The Who are slipping quietly into the past, a larger
than life Pete jumps in your passenger seat.  God, I love America.

And now...

Brian, thanks for putting me straight.  Us Yankee carpetbaggers get
confused sometimes.  My apologies for laying the Capone rap on you.
I've already called my pals from the Giancana Family and told them to
come back to Chicago.  If there are a couple of goodfellas at your door,
my advice is to tell them "Brian moved"!

A special thanks to Henny Leadbetter ("take my wife, please") for taking
the man on the moon one step further.  I got quite a chuckle out of
that.  Muchas gracias.

Everyone have an absolutely splendid weekend, spin your Who music at
full volume, and join together with the band.

Jim ("I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse") in Chicago

"When you actually hear the Beatles without their backing tracks,
they're flippin' lousy."  Pete, circa 1966

"I hate the fucking Beatles and Stones."  Johnny Rotten, circa 1978.
Which punk do you prefer?