Fwd: Moon Book

yes,this came out in the uk (and here in ireland in november last yr)

no review yet - i'm an awful reader and am only half way through..
it does clarify the "wild stories"like the car in the swimming pool...
saying it never happened...

on the same note i have a videotaped 1hr interview from 1989 with
john,roger and pete on "Aspel & Co."
they performed "i can see for miles" and "join together"
anyone else seen this?

>From owner-thewho@igtc.com Tue Jan 12 16:50:23 1999
>From: JayWBux@aol.com
>Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 19:41:31 EST
>To: TheWho@igtc.com
>Subject: Moon Book
>Sender: owner-thewho@igtc.com
>
>According to a calendar I saw in Rolling Stone, Tony Fletcher's book
"Moon --
>The Life and Death of a Rock Legend" is supposed to be released in the
US on
>Jan 5th. The book itself shows a publish date of February 1999.
However, a
>friend of mine in the media who gets a lot of books from authors
looking for
>publicity got the book some weeks ago and decided I was the perfect
person to
>read it for him. I think it was originally published in the UK as "Dear
Boy:
>the Life of Keith Moon."
>
>I don't know if anyone has reviewed the book on this list before. If
so, I
>haven't seen it. The book is 580 pages long, so there is a lot of
detail. You
>will learn about Moon the man and not just Moon the Loon. The author's
says
>his purpose was to present a bio of Moon and not a history of the Who,
so
>details about the group itself, and the other members of the group, in
the
>periods of extended inactivity (71-78) are sparse. On the other hand,
there
>are incredible details about the early days when Moon's life and the
life of
>the band were the same. In addition, there are a lot of cameo
appearances by
>others in the rock world. I'll leave it to some of you more schooled in
the
>history to confirm his accuracy, although it seems to be fairly well
>researched.
>
>Two vignettes to share. First, for a time, Moon was part owner of a
hotel and
>pub in the Cotswolds. Entwistle came to stay with his two deer hounds.
Moon,
>the landlord, who had been thrown out of hotels around the world for
trashing
>rooms and causing other mayhem, came up to JAE's room and complained
bitterly
>that the dogs' barking was annoying the other guests!
>
>Second, Larry Hagman (yes, the JR guy) took Moon to get admitted for
rehab.
>They asked him to describe his drinking to see if he qualified. He said
he got
>up at 6 am and had a bottle of Dom Perigon and half a bottle of brandy
with
>breakfast, took a couple of downers and then it was 10 am and time to
go back
>to bed until 5 or 6 pm. Then, get up, have a couple of black beauties,
some
>brandy, a little champagne and go out on the town. Have dinner, then
more
>brandy and champagne. Then go to bed about 3 or 4, wake up at 6 and
start
>again. The doctor decided Moon qualified for rehab. I wonder how he
lived as
>long as he did at that pace.
>
>Enjoy. If you cannot find the book, it is published in the US by Avon
Books in