Re: Pete's sexuality and the music

Howard Powers wrote:
> And personally I welcome open discussion of sexuality in any forum.

I agree with this as well and I've wanted to fight for my position but I always
try to avoid trouble.  Whenever the subject of Pete's sexuality is raised or
even if anyone is curious enough to ask a question, what you usually get is a
chorus of "Who cares about his sexuality?"  Behind this I thought was the hidden
phrase, "Stop bringing up this embarrassing and disgusting subject.  I don't
want to hear anything about it!"

Some might argue that we're protecting the man's privacy.  Well, it seems a
little silly to go to such lengths to protect the privacy of a man who goes on
U.S. TV and tells everyone he wants to fuck Mick Jagger.

Personally I don't think Pete is gay or even really bisexual although he
probably has a few same-sex experiences under his belt, so to speak.  And I do
think that much is to be gained by looking at Pete's work through a gay prism as
long as you don't look through that prism exclusively.

		-Brian in Atlanta
		"I think it's love but I can't explain"