Re: the 'oo by numbers

On Wed, 6 Jan 1999 Gomper5@aol.com wrote:

> so, what does everyone think about The Who by numbers?

I said before that I think Who by Numbers is the most underrated Who
album.  I didn't like it the first couple times I listened to it--it
seemed too "tame" as someone else on the list recently put it.  Anyone who
has not listened to this album much, keep listening and you will be
rewarded!  Some of Pete's most beautiful songwriting is here; I especially
love How Many Friends and They're All in Love.  My only complaint is
closing with In a Hand or a Face, which is a relatively weak song.

Bill Watson