Rael, et al.

Greg:

>I've been reading interest on the meaning of Rael. This "name" has somwhat
>intrigued me since I purchased Genesis' Lamb Lies Down on Broadway (ca.
>1975) album many moons ago. Rael is the name of the NY City Puerto Rican
>Street Punk that the story revolves around. Clearly, Townshend wrote his
>song long before Gabriel penned his story. I recall reading an interview at
>some time with Gabriel where he described Rael is Lear spelled backwards -
>I am assuming this is in reference to Shakespeare's King Lear? If any of
>you have listed to "The Lamb," you know the story is about as way out as
>you can get. To see any clear reference to King Lear or anything else is
>difficult. Anyways - this may clue somebody else in to a solution to Rael
>or simply muddy the waters. However - Gabriel and Townshend are the only
>ones I have ever seen using this word.

The name Rael doesn't confuse me at all - it's my daughter's name!

I don't know where Peter Gabriel got the name from but my daughter is named
after a song about Redchins in their millions . . . .

and Jim in Chicago, so sorry you missed that last Replacements show!! I had
a beer for you (or 2).

Pamela who now has a live-in Significant Other!!!